January 11, 2011 2 Comments
So…. after I did a bit more on the rock, I turned my attention back to the Tiger and I wasn’t happy with it at all really 😦
There just wasn’t enough light and vibrance in it, I don’t know how I let it get away from me, so I just got out a medium sized brush and brushed a more vibrant colour over most of it. I lost a good bit of the detailing I did in the previous stage doing this, but I knew I wouldn’t be happy if I just continued detailing to the end, even though it would possibly look OK’ish. It’s only paint, canvas and time right 😉
Then it was back to putting details on top
This is where it’s at now, I’ve put in the longer fur around the neck as well, so now I have to refine everything over a few sessions.
Lots of areas need softening and I will do that by using a larger hog brush which will cover up some of the obvious brushstrokes that look too contrived.
So still a ways to go, but getting there, it’s at this stage I find that all of a sudden after 2 or 3 more sessions I suddenly think, Oh… it’s done! Like it catches me out – weird 🙂
The photo has boosted the whites a bit on the photo and burned them out. FYI